Some things we liked this week:
- Michael Pollan on Oprah (with video!). Something to note: the less we spend on food, the more we spend on healthcare. Who would you rather pay?
- Bye-bye NAIS: USDA drops plan to trace livestock. Small farms rejoice... then ask "What will replace it?"
- WaPo's Jane Black talks with Sen. Tom Harkin (D – Iowa), a long-time proponent of healthful eating, about Michelle Obama's new childhood obesity initiative.
- Urban farmers fight for their right...to grow veggies.
- Two different takes on school lunches -- basically the same result. Fed Up with School Lunch and School Lunch Found Guilty.
- What happens when a three-year-old starts looking at the beautiful food pics in Cooking Light?
image credit: Camera Slayer/Creative Commons