- DIY Backyard Beekeeping slideshow and tutorial. If you can garden, you can beekeep!
- New article from The Atlantic (if you haven't banned them after the Caitlan Flanagan drama): Why Big Ag Won't Feed the World. Choice quote: "In 2008 more food was grown than ever before in history. In 2008 more people were obese than ever before in history. In 2008 more profit was made by food companies than ever before in history. And in 2008 more people went hungry than ever before in history."
- You dropped food on the floor. Do you eat it? Cheeky.
- Still going: a school gardener strikes back with evidence from the field.
- Tales from a DC school kitchen - the first of a six-part series in which Ed Bruske spends a week in the kitchen at H.D. Cooke Elementary School observing how food is prepared. It's not pretty.
- Food insecurity in Haiti, a nation of farmers, where hunger was part of everyday life even before the earthquake.
Friday, January 22, 2010
Clean Your Plate: Around the Web this Week
Local Food Hub truck is out making the rounds (to the Haven and Clark, Johnson and Jackson-Via Elementary Schools, to be exact), we're making the rounds on the internet. Here's the best in food-related media this week: