In other news, here's your weekend reading material. Stay cool!
- A downside to farmer's market growth? An interesting article about local food access...
- A Michigan teen farms her backyard. How awesome is this girl!?
- No more "lip-service locavores" -- New York chefs are walking the walk.
- Fascinating study that suggests why processed food might be more fattening than whole, even when calories are the same.
- The Ethics of Eating: a nice NPR piece with Barbara Kingsolver. Definitely worth a listen.
- Planning for next years garden, yet? How about growing sweet potatoes in a bag?
- Let's not get ahead of ourselves, though -- here's a handy online calculator for planting your FALL garden!