Here we go:
- A great new years resolution piece by our favorite agri-poet, Wendell Berry. Highly recommended to lift your spirits.
- Keeping with the theme, check out Francis Lam's 2011 goal: no more cheap chicken. Could you do it?
- Maybe you could just replace chicken with some invasive species instead! Forget locavores, invasivores are where it's at!
- Great piece by the chairman of Burpee Seeds: Let's make 2011 the year of the vegetable!
- Think you don't have time to cook real food? Think again. Three easy, basic recipes to add to your repetoire. Gotta love Bittman.
- The Dirty Life: On Farming, Food, and Love: a great book review. Haven't read it yet, but it's on my list.
- Frustrations grow over schoolyard gardens in MD, thanks to some pretty silly comments and concerns by the Superintendent. We're lucky here in C'ville, that's for sure.
- Suggestions and thoughts on eating locally in the winter (granted, not particularly helpful at this point).
- And finally: is anyone taking part in the Fourth Annual Dark Days Challenge? Basically you cook four meals each month (1 per week) focused on SOLE (sustainable, organic, local, ethical) ingredients, write about it on your blog. See the link for more details. Anyone?
Have a great weekend, and stay warm out there!
image credit: chiots run/Creative Commons