Thursday, January 27, 2011

Winter Inspiration

I had a bit of a "moment" on my way to the farm today. I'd been up for a few hours, drinking coffee and waiting for the roads to clear -- so maybe I was just over-caffeinated, or maybe it was a new favorite song on the radio, but mostly I think it was the way the sun was glinting just so off the snow from last night's storm. Carter's Mountain looked silver-capped and gilded in ice, the pines hung low and heavy along the road, and the sloping, golden farmland looked laced with snow.

The sights at Maple Hill were just as gorgeous (and safer to capture on camera -- no stopping in the middle of Route 20 to snag a shot, for example): colorful despite the season and textured with lines, patterns and shapes.  See for yourself:


No comments:

Post a Comment